Did you know that you can convert an assessment you have in Word and import it into itslearning? The conversion currently works for multiple choice and true/false (yes/no) questions. NO need to retype the assessment in itslearning!
Thank you to ICATS Jeff Thornton for finding this gem.
Open the WORD document assessment and make the following edits.
- All questions MUST be numbered followed by a period.
- All answers MUST be a letter followed by a period.
- Place an asterisk after the correct answer choice.
- Each question and answer choice MUST be on a separate line.
- Make sure there are no semicolons (;) in the questions or answer choices.
- Only text will work. (Images and HTML won’t convert)
Convert the Document
Visit the following website: http://houstonisdpsd.org/HUB/
Step 1: Submit the Content to the Houston Website
COPY the questions with answers from the WORD document and PASTE it in the upper box on the Houston website. Select SUBMIT
The website will automatically convert the text into a format needed by itslearning and places the new text into the bottom box of the website.
Step 2: COPY all of the text in the bottom box and PASTE it in a new WORD document.
STEP 3: SAVE the new WORD document as a .txt file
Fill in the Test Information page and click SAVE.
Select the QUESTIONS tab. Select IMPORT
Step 5: Select the circle beside FILE
Step 6: Choose the .txt file you created
Step 7: Select INSERT
The questions and answer choices are imported into your itslearning assessment.
The correct answers are marked for you with the import.
The itslearning assessment is now ready to be assigned to your class.