We’re all looking for new ways to give students a voice. Whether we want students to share their ideas, demonstrate their learning, or tell their stories, giving students the opportunity to practice communication skills in multiple formats is essential in the Digital Age. One tool that is particularly versatile and student-friendly is Tellagami, a free animation app for Apple iOS Devices.
How to Create a Gami
Creating a gami is super easy. Even very young students should be able to make one without too much trouble. You can use this link to access an ICATS post that describes the procedures for creating videos with Tellagami.
Here are a few links to posts that share ideas for using Tellagami in the classroom:
- Tellagami in the Classroom
- Digital Storytelling with the Tellagami App
- A Handful of Ideas for Using Tellagami in School
A Few More Resources:
Even if you don’t have an iOS or Android device, there are still plenty of tools to enable Digital Storytelling. Check out our Digital Storytelling Tools page to find even more resources for your classroom. You can also check out this blog post for more ideas related to Digital Storytelling in the classroom. If you have an iPad, you might also want to check out Puppet Pals which is another great storytelling tool.
- If you have an iOS or Android device, download and check out Tellagami.
- If you do not have an iOS or Android device, check out one of the many free Digital Storytelling Web Tools at this link.
- Once you have explored one of these tools, please share in the comments below how you have used this tool or how you imagine you could use this tool in the classroom.
- Above and Beyond: If you are so moved, feel free to share your ideas about how the tool you select could be used in the classroom through the tool you selected. Simply create your Tellagami or other Digital Story and then share the link to it in the comments below.
How to Comment
If you are an EVSC Employee, login to the website using the Orange Login button on the menu bar. Once logged in, return to this post and click inside the comment box and submit your comment.